18 February 2006

[stop singing lies]

many people within the four walls of the church are treading on dangerous ground. they have donned camoflage and wander about aimlessly in the no-man's-land between the armies of light and the armies of darkness.

we must determine who we will serve. we say we have made our decision when we begin the song service and we try to draw close to God. then we deny Him His kingly right, His hubandly right, and His fatherly right by picking up our lives where we left off before the service.

we profane the holy by making it mundane. leonard ravenhill said that we could be damned to hell many times over for all the lies we sing on sunday.

choose this day whom you will serve. stop trying to lure God into an adulterous relationship. He will not put up our double-mindedness. He is a jealous Lover; He is a valient Warrior who is worthy to be feared. A jealous warrior is a volitile combination; he is capable of tearing apart whole continents for the sake of defending the purity of His bride.

"they honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me..."

those words are applicable to much of today's evangelical, pentecostal, charismatic church as it was to the israelites in the old testament and to the pharisees and saducees in the time of Christ.

choose this day, whom you will serve, whether it be the gods of this age, or the God of abraham, isaac and jacob; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

the choice is up to you.

choose now and never look back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Leonard Ravenhill!
I also love Keith Green's music, much of it parallels what Ravenhill is so passionate about, being that they were friends. I really love LR's book "Why Revival Tarries" which is more of a call to prayer. How appropriate.

I am a musician, and I would be honored if you would check out my site. LR has inspired some of my songs. All my music is free for download. Anyway, I just thought I'd share.

-Sean
______________
www.SeanDietrich.com
"All my music is free for download."