06 August 2005

decisions

for the past four days i've been wrestling in my mind over the decision to post what the Lord has been showing me in a passage of Scripture for the last 6 years. now, some would say,

just post it!

but it's not that simple. what if it's message is so radical, life-altering that it may prove to anger many of those who have been following christianity for more years than i?

good! that message is needed!

some may say. yes, it is needed, but my struggle isn't in the ideas to convey, but in the way in which i present it.

see, i'm a visual type person. and though the medium with which i communicate to you is in words, i look for the way to give you the best mental image i can. not that this is beyond the abilities the Holy Spirit has gifted me with, but that i must seek out the most proper means of speaking the truth in love.

but what if what i have to say doesn't come with a mental image? would it still be received? that's not for me to decide, i guess. it would be for me to decide whether or not to say what i hear the Holy Spirit saying.

uh oh! i think i just challenged myself to remember one of my own posts... Jesus did what He saw His Father do, and spoke what He heard the Spirit say...

i really honestly believe that if we lived our lives as if we actually believed everything that was in the bible, then we would be living radically different lives. there would be no grey areas between the world and christianity. people wouldn't be able to even come close to confusing what is a cult and what is christian discipleship.

so, i hope, over the next few posts, to walk you down this scriptural path that God has taken me down these last six years. and i hope it becomes a challenge to the established belief that the world is flat...

for the world-wide renown of His sovereign glory...

1 comment:

Christine Fooks said...

I am anxious to read what you have to say. I have had some pretty crazy thoughts about stuff myself and I am also very visual so...


I truely believe that God burns things in us for ourselves and others. And others can't hear unless we speak,so go for it bwana, go...